Sunday, January 15, 2012

winter flings and crafted things

Happy 2012. :)

Usually every year gets me very sentimental and reminiscent, but it looks like things are starting to change.  2011 was one heck of a ride, and if I've learned anything from last year, it's that you have to quit freaking out about the past and get excited for the future.  It's pretty healthy of me, if I do say so myself. :P

So some of the many, many things I'm excited for this year are all the lovely crafty things I'm planning to make. :) I already have a pretty hefty list in my head (again, thank you family for the lovely sewing machine, and thank you me for the awesome new knitting supplies and paper craft kits. :D), and I thought it'd be a great idea to keep a record of the things I've made.  It's a bit for motivation, a bit for record keeping, and a lot of trying to record my progress.  It should be fun. :)

Anyhow, here's a few of my favorite things I've made this winter...

{ peacock scarf } I was walking through Michael's one day and came across this beautiful yarn I couldn't walk away from.  It's greenish-blue with a bit of purple, and parts of it reflects the sunlight. It's gorgeous! And since I'd just bought myself some new size 13 bamboo knitting needles, it seemed like the perfect quick project.  It's so soft and comfy (and long... I love long scarves), it's quickly become my go-to scarf. I'm actually wearing it right now!


 { forest critters pillowcase } Pillowcases are my new favorite project. So simple, so fun, and I think it does a fantastic job of transforming a bedroom.  My sister picked out and bought the fabric because she was in need of a new pillowcase, but after I made it I begged her to let me keep it.  I eventually had to give it up, but I always use her pillow when I want to take a nap in the house.


{ giraffe bag } I love giraffes.  I love fabric on clearance.  What can I say?  My worlds collided.  Another quick project, nothing too fancy, but the giraffes make me love this bag. :)


{ dog sweater } I came across this tutorial on knitting easy dog sweaters and I had to give it a go.  The yarn is a mix of dark and light browns with some tan and orange.  It's very Thanksgiving-y... but Mocha was born on Thanksgiving, so it fits quite nicely. :)


{ organza flowers } Ever since seeing these on Little Birdie Secrets, I've been obsessed with making these organza flowers.  They're on clips, they're on headbands, on scarves... they're on everything I own.  Super easy, and super pretty.


Currently I'm working on knitting a very pretty salmon pink/peach-ish scarf, and I have fabric being pre-washed right now so I can get started on even more things. :D Not to mention Valentine's Day is coming up, which means my hands are going to be busy making stuff for that fun day.  And then I'll have spring things to make.  Like spring quilts!  And maybe some sundresses.  Oooh, perhaps some fun bags....

2012 is going to be great. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment