Friday, January 20, 2012

birthday wishes

First of all... happy birthday to me. :)


I've discovered that birthdays are getting less and less enjoyable as the years go by (I can't even begin to think about the day I turn 30...), so I decided to spend a part of this year's birthday doing something productive and fun.  You know, to get my mind off of the fact that I'm aging every minute and there is nothing I can do to stop it. :P

I had been trying to finish a self binding blanket  like the one I saw at Piece N Quilt a little while ago, but I found that finishing projects can get really, really difficult when the little ones are out.


She loves soft things, and unfortunately, she believes everything belongs to her, so I had a little bit of trouble trying to cut and pin this thing.

I shooed her away, but I turned my back for one minute, and...


...she brings toys! Sigh.

Well anyways, I finally managed to finish it, and I think it turned out fantastic. :)  It was super easy, and took very little time.  I chose two fabrics I'd been kind of eyeing at Joann's for a while, so it felt nice to be able to make something out of it.


My blanket isn't square like the tutorial tells you to do (what can I say, I'm a rebel).  Instead, I made it a bit longer, since I knew it wouldn't be used as a baby blanket.  I don't know any babies, so my solution to baby blankets is to make them juuust a bit larger, and use them myself. :P

The inside fabric is just a pale pink with white whales.  Whales! I almost forgot how much I loved whales. :)


Anyways, since I don't know any babies (as previously stated), and the dog seemed to love it anyways...


...I'm such a pushover.

No comments:

Post a Comment